Sunday, June 20, 2010

The story so far....

Lets be honest now, everybody knows that I've work with MMC-Gamuda JV, and the fact that I've resigned? Not many knows. Now I want to tell the official story. I've work as a Planning Exec for the Northern double track project, and as much as I enjoy working 8-5 and inside an air-conditioned office, I'm just not cut for the job. I do not have much experience thus honestly I made too many mistakes. Some people might be okay with that, but I'm not. I felt a bit useless.....

So I've been contemplating a resignation since late last year, my girlfriend knows it, I discussed it with her and my parents knew maybe on February this year. My superior was absolutely shocked when I tendered my resignation but kept his calm. My next partition neighbour already suspects that I was gonna resign, but didn't know for sure.

Since I tendered my resignation on 31st of March 2010, I've been to 3 interviews and a SPA written test. My first interview was at Bob's company, which was keen on hiring me (let's just say the interview went well), but required me to work with them as soon as possible, I was not ready to give a short resignation notice, so I have to reject the offer.

Then I went to the SPA written test on the 10th of April 2010 WITHOUT bringing any copy of my certificate. I was sure I'm gonna fail, but I've pass, and they're calling me for the physical examination at INTAN Wilayah Selatan in Kluang, Johor on this 11th of July 2010. But as things stand, I'm set to miss the physical examination.

Then on my penultimate day(28th of May 2010) at MMC- Gamuda JV, I received a call asking me if I'm interested to work as a Road and Bridge Engineer for DPI Konsult. They said they found my resume in jobstreet.com, and asked whether I'm still working with MMC-Gamuda JV. They asked me to attend an interview on the 31st of May 2010. I attended the interview and again was successful (lucky me) and they want me to start A.S.A.P (the next day is June 1st) but I've asked for a weeks notice, since I don't want to rush in making my decision. The job was good but the remunerations was below what I expected. Not that I'm demanding much, but I made the calculations and found out that the salary they offered is inadequate to support my monthly requirements, so I politely rejected.

Last Friday (18th of June 2010) , my mom asked for my resume to forward to TRC at about 9am. An hour later I received a call for me to attend an interview at 5pm the same day. I asked is it really necessary for me to attend at such a short notice, and asked whether I could reschedule? Nope, their boss wants to interview me today. I was caught with my pants down. My first reaction is to dicth the interview, but since it's my mothers name on the line, I decided to attend anyway. I could not even study about the company. I went there expecting NOT to succeed. To my surprise, I DID NOT have to answer a single question. I'm merely a listener as the Managing Director explained about the nature of the job, etcetera. Then they asked the 'million dollar' question " Do you except the offer?" to which I spontaneously answer without even thinking "Yes". Then I like " WTF? Did I just answer yes?". OMG, I've drop the bomb on myself. Stupid me!!

The official job title is QAQC Engineer, but it also involves Progress Reporting (a.k.a Site Planning) works. Looks like I just can't run away from this planning thingy is it? The best part is, on the 1st of July 2010 I am required to go to Kota Bharu Kelantan, and my sisters wedding is on the 3rd of July.....Bye bye 'SPA physical examination', Hello 'cik mek molek'!! The project is runway extension for Kota Bharu Aiport........I can't think of anything else to write....It ends here.......

2 comments:

Syl said...

I'm sure you frustrate about getting your offer that soon wit your sister wedding and accept the offer without any consideration.

think about it again and call up if you can change the date.

SUPERMUMMY said...

it's up 2 u my dear...i alwayz in ur side...