Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home away from home.....

Well I always have a problem with traveling. Some how the places I've been to never had been 'Home' enough for me. Somehow I would always be home sick and wanting to go home the most. Before I was in Penang, I never went to a boarding school, so I never knew how it felt like being away. The only hostel I've ever lived in is only 45 minutes drive away from my home (on a clear road). So it never felt like a hostel to me, just a place to 'lepak' with friends and have a good time with no parents, no responsibilities.

But Penang is different. Although I hated the 4 hour travel by car every start and end of the semester, it always felt so welcoming. I really felt at home here. This is where my heart is. 3 years and this place had changed me. Here is the places that I have a lot of memories, some good some bad but definitely 'you yisi'. The lecturers, friends, not so friends and the general public everyone here has a big impact on me, and what I've come to be. Somehow all these things are so familiar to me that now, when its time to leave, I feel so sad. It's like leaving your home to go someplace uncertain.

3 years here and there is still interesting places to visit and things to do here in Penang. Since this is my last semester here, I'm gonna enjoy being here the most. Of course, everything here will be missed when I'm gone. Seeing the pace of things that changes around here, I just hope should I ever return here, at least somethings would remain the same. The greatest memories are when we are studying. And these are the memories that I wanna keep with me. As long as I live. Thank you to all the people that made my tenure here, the most memorable of all my entire traveling and studying life. I just hope when we all have finished studying and we all had our own path in life, we would still have each other. Just like old times!!!!

No comments: